Our health is our wealth and I've been thinking recently about how the way I live affects my quality of life. I'm going to share some choices I've made. I would love your feedback as to weather you agree or disagree.
Vegetarian I'm a vegetarian since my early teens. I haven't eaten meat, chicken, fish since. I've an OK diet. I'm not a very good vegetarian. My main source of protein would be cheese. I toyed with the idea of starting to eat meat again earlier this year but it really got me thinking. Is being a vegetarian the best thing for me, for anyone? The quality of meat and amount is probably quite excessive. I wonder about hormones, chemicals etc. I decided to stick to my veggie ways! And I'm glad.
No microwave! We have no microwave!! By choice!! People are amazed when they hear this. How could you survive without one!! But we do, all our food is oven cooked or boiled. I think it's unnatural to food to be cooked so quickly. And are those microwaves in your food then? Hubby sometimes goes on about how handy it would be to heat up something quickly but I suggest throw it in a saucepan and it'll heat up quite quickly on a hob. What you think?
Deodorant There was a debate a few yrs ago regarding a connection between the use of deodorant and breast cancer. Since then I don't use it regularly! I get away with it! I don't stink!
Organic Food: We try eat as much organic fruit and veg and meat (for Mr. C and kids) as we can.
They are a few of the lifestyle choices I've made. Of course there is room for improvement in my life. What choices have you made? If any? Do you think I sound OTT?!
ummmm-just the deoderant bit lol. I stink like a skunk if I forget mine.
ReplyDeleteThank you for the comment. Have you written any health related posts, must have look now :-)
ReplyDelete