It's mid-term. I've my three children at home with me all day. We're getting on OK!
It's a rarity really. Usually Big A is at school and Mr. R is at creche. At the weekend, Mr. C is home.
So a full day with all the children is now actually something I look forward to and enjoy. Before in my early days of motherhood, I recruited grannies, aunties, friends to help out. The thought of minding two or even three of them for more than a couple of hours overwhelmed me! I probably sound like a total wuss!!
I think it was a confidence issue (or lack of it) in me. Now as a mother of three, I think I've got better at the multi-tasking thing! Big A and Mr. R are older (still only 5 & 2). In a way, they have replaced the friends, aunties and grannies! We're a team now. Big A chats with Little A now (much to Little A's delight) when I need to do a few jobs. Big A and Mr. R play together. Things have got easier I hope!
Mr. C is going away for a week in a fortnight so I will be recruiting some helpers again, but if they can't oblige, it not the end of the world. We'll be OK!
Anyone else feel overwhelmed sometimes? I hope I'm not the only one!!
ive only got two of them and feel overwhelmed quite often! It sounds like you are doing a wonderful job.
ReplyDeleteI had an extra one for half of the day and it was strangly easier. They kept each other entertained. I managed to have a wee and cup of tea in peace (not at the same time!).
ReplyDeleteNot sure I would cope so well if I had to do it every day.
@Heather, thank you for lovely comment.
ReplyDelete@Snafflesmummy Ya, I do find Big A and Mr. R entertain each other. I think they are getting easier as they get older. That is until they reach their teenage years!!
My luck is that I had my older kids first LOL!
ReplyDeleteIt is overwhelming though many times. Also keeping on top of the kids and doing everything that needs doing to run the house.
We really need raises!