Pages

Thursday, April 15, 2010

The highs and lows..

Motherhood is often described as a rollercoaster ride, full of high and lows!
Well we've has a few of these in past few days!!

The good bits: We've booked a holiday, going end of this month for a week and a half, to France!! Staying in a Keycamp Apartment Resort. Looks lovely! Can't wait!
Big A and Mr R are back at school and creche so it's quieter after the two weeks Easter hols!!
Little A and I have started Kindermusik lessons! It was our first time going today and she loved it!

The one bad bit - which terrified the life out of me yesterday :-(
I was just changing Baby A's nappy (having changed it approx 10 mins before!) and she had a bright red rash on the left side of her tummy. I was terrified. It was so bright red and it had appeared so quickly (within 10 mins). I was hardly able to breathe, the panic, the fear. I rang Mr. C and told him, photographed it, rang doctor, told to come in, had to drop other two to my sisters en route. I had a feeling she was OK but you can never be sure with babies and rashes. Thoughts of meningitis pierced my mind and I knew I had to act quick. We got to doctor and he checked her out. She was fine, rash was mostly gone but I showed him the photo on my mobile. What a relief! I've learned from this experience I don't handle bad things well. I would have fallen apart only I had to bring her to doctor. No-one else could. The doctor couldn't say exactly what caused it. But good news is she's fine! Just one of those things I suppose! While at the doctor, I got him to check her hips and questioned him about her not sitting independently yet! Got value for my fifty Euro ;-)

Last night I had a little think about life and how I wanted to live mine. I'm on the path I love, motherhood and marriage.

2 comments:

I love to read your comments!!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed